Most companies use data centers because they offer cost predictability, hardware certainty, and control. However, running and maintaining resources in a data center also requires a lot of overhead, including:
- Capacity: enough resources to scale as needed, and efficient use of those resources.
- Security: physical security to protect assets, as well as network- and OS-level security.
- Network infrastructure: components such as wiring, switches, routers, firewalls, and load balances.
- Support: skilled employees to perform installation and maintenance and to address issues.
- Bandwidth: suitable bandwidth for peak load.
- Facilities: physical infrastructure, including equipment and power.
The equipment may be used to:
- Operate and manage a carrier’s telecommunication network
- Provide data center based applications directly to the carrier’s customers
- Provide hosted applications for a third party to provide services to their customers
- Provide a combination of these and similar data center applications
Effective data center operation requires a balanced investment in both the facility and the housed equipment. The first step is to establish a baseline facility environment suitable for equipment installation. Standardization and modularity can yield savings and efficiencies in the design and construction of telecommunications data centers.
- Design considerations
- Design programming
- Modeling criteria
- Design recommendations
- Conceptual design
- Detailed design
- Mechanical engineering infrastructure designs
- Electrical engineering infrastructure design
- Technology infrastructure design
- Availability expectations
- Site selection
- Modularity and flexibility
- Environmental control
- Metal whiskers
- Electrical power
- Low-voltage cable routing
- Fire protection
- Energy use
- Greenhouse gas emissions
- Energy efficiency
- Energy use analysis
- Power and cooling analysis
- Energy efficiency analysis
- Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) analysis
- Thermal zone mapping
- Green data centers
- Energy reuse
- Network infrastructure
- Data center infrastructure management
- Managing the capacity of a data center
Data Center Services :
Website hosting services
Dedicated server hosting
Email hosting services
Cloud Hosting & Storage services
Disaster recovery services